View Our Practice Areas

Don't Let A Speeding Ticket Slow You Down

Drivers often push their speed to get to an appointment on time, prevent their kids from waiting at school or simply because they are excited to get somewhere. Although they are a relatively common occurrence, speeding tickets can have serious consequences for a driver.

At Martin A. Kron & Associates, P.C., we understand that nearly everyone will have a traffic violation at some point in their lives. The most obvious solution would be to pay the fine and get on with your life. Unfortunately, in New York and New Jersey these fines can add points to your driver's license, and result in penalties and fines now or in the future.

Have you been pulled over for speeding? Call us at 212-691-0175 or email us to learn more about your options in a consultation.

What Are The Potential Consequences For Speeding?

The traffic systems in both New York and New Jersey operate on points. The specific point values and severity of penalties depend upon where you were driving, how fast over the speed limit you were traveling and other circumstances. If enough points accumulate in a short period of time, the consequences can include larger fines, insurance surcharges, license suspension or even jail time.

Many drivers are worried about the point system. The main classifications to remember are the following:

In New York: If you commit three speeding and/or misdemeanor traffic violations within 18 months, your license will be revoked for at least six months.

Unreasonable Speed3
Speeding (mph over posted limit)
1 to 103
11 to 204
21 to 306
31 to 408
More than 4011
Reckless Driving5

In New Jersey: It is important to remember that rules apply even when no speed limit is posted. In a residential area, the speed limit is 35 mph unless otherwise noted. On a highway, the speed limit is 50 mph unless otherwise noted.

Speeding (mph over the posted limit)
1 to 142
15 to 294
More than 305
Reckless Driving5

Pulled Over For Speeding? Talk To A Lawyer In A Consultation.

If you need help or have concerns regarding speeding tickets, contact Martin A. Kron & Associates, P.C., by calling 212-691-0175 or sending us an email. We offer initial consultations, and we charge reasonable fees for our services.