View Our Practice Areas

We Resolve Traffic Tickets for Out-of-State Drivers

Whether passing through or staying to visit, driving in an unfamiliar area can be confusing, especially in New York City. Having to deal with traffic, one-way streets and unposted traffic laws, amongst other issues, can make unfamiliar cities easy places to get a ticket.

Being from "out of state" is not an excuse. In many cases, a conviction of a traffic summons in New York or New Jersey will have adverse consequences on the license of your home state.

At Martin A. Kron & Associates, P.C., our attorneys understand the difficult position that a visitor to New York or New Jersey may be put into if he or she receives a traffic ticket. Founding attorney, Martin A. Kron, is a former traffic court judge with more than three decades of experience. Let us use the insight we gain from that experience to help you with your out-of-state traffic ticket difficulties.

Three Reasons You Should Hire A Lawyer For Your Ticket

In New York and New Jersey, traffic violations for out-of-state drivers can pose a tremendous difficulty. There are many reasons why you should hire an attorney to resolve your traffic ticket if you live in another state. Listed below are three:

  1. Save time, money and hassle: For those who wish to dispute their ticket or for whom a court appearance is mandatory, returning to the place in which you were ticked can be cost-prohibitive. In most cases, an attorney can appear in court for you.
  2. Your government agency will be notified: Many drivers who are pulled over here are under the impression that they can ignore a ticket. Many believe that their home state will not be notified of a conviction or unanswered summons in New York or New Jersey. This is simply not true. Quebec and many states in the U.S. also have agreements where information about traffic violations is shared.
  3. Avoid consequences in your home state: The information shared between agencies can be used to place points and/or suspensions on your driver's license. Your state may also use convictions elsewhere to enhance offenses should you get pulled over at home.

Contact Us To Help Fight Penalties Here And In Your Own State

It is always best to talk to an attorney for any traffic violation, even if it is your first or you live out of state. Call our office at 212-691-0175 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers. We accept all major credit cards in order to better accommodate our clients' needs.