Columbia County, NY Traffic Ticket Attorney
Former Traffic Court Judge Fighting For You
Traffic Ticket Lawyer in Columbia County, NY
Getting pulled over is the last thing anyone expects when they get behind the wheel. It doesn’t help that traffic tickets can result in both criminal and administrative penalties if circumstances call for it. Besides fines and possible jail time, you could lose your driving privileges and get points added to your driving record. Without a driver’s license, you could experience issues getting to and from work, school, appointments, and more.
To best avoid these consequences, it is in your best interests to fight your traffic ticket with the help of our Columbia County traffic ticket attorney. As a former New York traffic court judge with over 30 years of experience, attorney Martin Kron is more than capable to handle your situation effectively. Our lawyer knows the laws, procedures, and legal solutions like the back of his hand, so you can rest assured that Martin A. Kron & Associates, P.C. is well-equipped to fight your ticket and help you keep your driving privileges.
Get started today. To speak with us about your situation, contact our firm online or at (212) 235-1525!
Traffic Tickets We Can Handle
Anyone who gets behind the wheel is responsible for following traffic rules, driving defensively, and exercising caution at all times. However, circumstances such as poor road conditions, heavy traffic, nonstop phone calls, tight schedules, and other factors can interfere with your ability to drive safely. Or, you may have needed to drive out of necessity despite having a suspended or revoked license. Regardless of the circumstances that lead to your traffic ticket, know that we are in your corner.
Our traffic ticket lawyer defends clients who were cited for reasons such as:
- Speeding: Were you in a hurry? Did you miss the posted speed limit? Do you have a need for speed in general? Speeding is one of the most common traffic violations in the US. We’ve all been there at some point, and those of us that don’t speed have surely seen other drivers do so. However, police officers have no tolerance for speeders, so if you got a speeding ticket, you’ve come to the right place.
- Driving while suspended or revoke: One of the toughest consequences of a traffic ticket is license suspension or revocation. This penalty often occurs when a driver commits certain traffic violations such as driving without insurance, hit and run, reckless driving, and more serious crimes like DUI. That said, it’s illegal to drive with a suspended or revoked license, but given the impacts of this penalty, many people find themselves driving on a suspended or revoked license out of necessity. No matter what lead to your ticket, however, we’re here to help.
- Texting while driving: Like speeding, texting while driving is one of the most frequently committed traffic violations. Distracted driving claims thousands of lives per year, which is why law enforcement agencies work hard to detect and deter distracted driving by issuing tickets. As tempting as it may be to check that text message or change a song, using your phone while driving can spell disaster. With our firm on your side, however, we can fight for reduced or dismissed penalties and help you move forward unscathed.
- Commercial traffic violations: Commercial drivers are held to higher standards because of the size, weight, demands, and dangers of the vehicles they drive. Large trucks can carry heavy and often dangerous cargo, so any small traffic violation can have mighty outcomes, including injuries and even death. That’s why commercial drivers face tougher consequences for traffic tickets, some of which could cost them their jobs. As such, we encourage you to get in touch with us if you got a commercial traffic ticket.
- Traffic violations for out-of-state drivers: Whether you’re visiting Columbia County or just passing through, you may face higher chances of getting a ticket as opposed to residents in the area. You may be unfamiliar with the routes and rules, but police officers will pay no regard to these factors if they catch you slipping up. For these reasons and more, you should equip yourself with powerhouse defense if you got a ticket and live out-of-state.
- Criminal traffic violations: The most serious traffic violations a person can commit are criminal traffic violations. Examples of these are DUI, reckless driving, hit and run, operating with a suspended registration, committing a traffic violation that causes injury, and more. A conviction for these offenses can carry long jail time, expensive fines, license suspensions, and a criminal record. With these penalties in mind, you’re better off hiring an experienced attorney from our firm to defend your rights and freedom.
Our traffic ticket attorney in Columbia County handles far more than traffic tickets. We recognize that many traffic tickets can cost you your driver’s license, which is why our firm provides a broad range of legal services for clients with suspended or revoked licenses. If your driver’s license was suspended or revoked, we can help you with the following:
- Suspension/revocation hearings: Despite being told that your license is getting suspended or revoked, know that you have options. At your administrative hearing, you can fight to maintain your driving privileges, but it is strongly encouraged that you prepare for this hearing with an experienced attorney by your side.
- Safety hearings: If you were summonsed to a safety hearing for matters such as fatal accidents, suspicion of fraud, or breath test refusal, then you need a lawyer right away. Your freedoms depend on it.
- Restricted/conditional license violations: In certain situations, people can get a restricted license to drive to and from certain places such as work, school, and daycare. A restricted license is a privilege and not a right, so if you are granted one, it’s important to comply with the rules and responsibilities. If you fail to do so, your license could get suspended for at least 6 months.
- Indefinite revocations: If you committed 3 or more serious traffic violations within 25 years, your driver’s license could get suspended indefinitely. Serious traffic crimes include drunk driving, refused to submit to a breath test, traffic offenses that result in serious or fatal injury, and more.
- Provisional license violations: Young drivers are held to high standards given their inexperience on the roads. A traffic ticket for even the smallest violation could cost a new driver their license for a certain period of time, so if you or your child has a provisional driver’s license and got a ticket, you want to fight it.
- Lapses in auto insurance: An insurance lapse occurs between the date your insurance is canceled and the date your new insurance begins, you surrender your plates, your registration expires, and more. Basically, driving without being actively covered by insurance is illegal and can have costly outcomes.
- Restoration of driving privileges: When your driver’s license is suspended or revoked, you understandably want your privileges reinstated as soon as possible. Our attorney can look at your situation, determine your eligibility, and explore effective solutions to help get your license restored in no time.
Defending Drivers Since 1986
Never underestimate the power of a traffic ticket. While it may seem like no big deal to some, the reality is that traffic tickets can do a lot of damage. Besides paying a steep fine, you may be subject to jail time, license suspension or revocation, a criminal record, and much more. Don’t let this happen to you —fight your ticket with a proven, reliable attorney instead. It’s worth it!
Schedule your free consultation online or by calling (212) 235-1525. Your path to peace of mind starts here.
“The NY DMV can be difficult to navigate, I am so glad that I called Martin A. Kron & Associates. Vanessa and the team resolved a difficult situation for my family in a matter of days.”- Anthony
“Mr. Kron was on top of my case like an eagle in the treetops and kept me informed the entire time of every change as well as every possible outcome. His attention to detail, professionalism, and demeanor is UNMATCHED.”- Spiro
“I'm happy to say today my wife was able to finally get her new license plates for NJ after the NY suspension was completely wiped from her record. Amazing turnaround. I like their no-nonsense approach.”- Eric D.
“Martin took on my case for a flat rate and guaranteed a full refund if he couldn't reverse the suspension. Three weeks later, my license was fully restored!”- John L.
“Mr. Kron and his firm delivered results way beyond my expectations. Job well done and worth the money!!”- Elie
- Case Dismissed Safety Hearing
- License Not Suspended Persistent Traffic Violations
- Suspension Lifted License Suspension
- Lifetime Revocation Avoided 3rd DWI & Over 20 Points on Driving Record
- Not Guilty Speeding
The sooner you call Martin A. Kron & Associates, P.C., the sooner we can begin working on your case and putting your mind at ease. Pleading guilty to a traffic ticket guarantees that you will receive points on your driving record and the consequences that come with it. The fastest action isn't necessarily the best action. Let our traffic ticket lawyer guide you on what to do next.