New York Driver Responsibility Assessment ProgramFormer Traffic Court Judge Fighting For You
New York Driver Responsibility
Former Traffic Court Judge Helping You Avoid Ongoing Fines
The Driver Responsibility Assessment Program is a New York law that went into effect on November 18, 2004. With new requirements, you could end up paying fines for years—not just once—in order to settle your traffic ticket. If you have accumulated enough traffic tickets, you need help from an experienced New York traffic ticket lawyer to avoid huge fines. Contact Martin A. Kron & Associates, P.C. today to schedule a free consultation about your case.
What Is the New York Driver Assessment Program?
When you are convicted of a traffic violation, you must pay a fine to the court.
Under the NY Driver Assessment Program, a motorist must pay the DMV each year for three years if they:
- Incur six or more points on their driving record for violations occurring on or after November 18, 2004
- Are convicted of an alcohol- or drug-related traffic infraction and the violation occurred on or after November 18, 2004
- Refused to take a chemical test on or after November 18, 2004
Even when you know about the Driver Responsibility Assessment Program, the situation can still take you by surprise.
Here are a few other frequently asked questions about the law:
- How will I be notified if I must pay the driver responsibility program tax? The DMV will send you a statement after the points, conviction, or refusal is entered on your driving record. The DMV will also examine your driving record every three months to determine if a new driver responsibility assessment is necessary. If there are no new incidents, the DMV will send annual bills.
- Can I reduce the amount of the driver responsibility assessment by taking a point reduction class? No. The point reduction class can take up to four points off of your license, helping you keep insurance premiums low and avoid license suspension for too many points. It cannot reduce the fees.
- What will happen if I fail to pay the driver responsibility assessment? Your driver's license, permit, or privileges will be suspended until it is paid.
Avoid Three Years of Additional Assessments
When you receive a traffic ticket, we encourage you to call us for a consultation. We can discuss your options for contesting the ticket and avoiding the potential penalties that come with it.
Call us at (212) 235-1525 now to get started.
“The NY DMV can be difficult to navigate, I am so glad that I called Martin A. Kron & Associates. Vanessa and the team resolved a difficult situation for my family in a matter of days.”- Anthony
“Mr. Kron was on top of my case like an eagle in the treetops and kept me informed the entire time of every change as well as every possible outcome. His attention to detail, professionalism, and demeanor is UNMATCHED.”- Spiro
“I'm happy to say today my wife was able to finally get her new license plates for NJ after the NY suspension was completely wiped from her record. Amazing turnaround. I like their no-nonsense approach.”- Eric D.
“Martin took on my case for a flat rate and guaranteed a full refund if he couldn't reverse the suspension. Three weeks later, my license was fully restored!”- John L.
“Mr. Kron and his firm delivered results way beyond my expectations. Job well done and worth the money!!”- Elie
Over 30 Years of Experience
Former New York State
Traffic Court Judge
Trained by New York State Department
of Motor Vehicles
No Unreasonable Promises.
Accredited by the BBB
Quickly Returns Phone Calls
and Email Inquiries